Hello users today we are starting the site back. Our first article is on How to Update Google Nexus 7 2012 to Android 4.4 Kitkat manually. As all devices get the OTA but it will have some delay to get the ota we show you How to Update Google Nexus 7 2012 to Android 4.4 Kitkat manually. This guide works only for Wifi Variants because the cellular versions have a different baseband etc.
We at RootRomAndroidKitkat are not responsible for bricking of your devices and damaged SD cards. Proceed with caution and Use the same device as mentioned in the article to update it to Android 4.4 KitKat.
Prerequisites Update Google Nexus 7 2012 to Android 4.4 Kitkat manually:-
- A google Nexus 7 wifi variant.
- It should be running Android 4.3 JellyBean with build number JSS15R”.
- You must have Latest Android SDK installed if not installed get from Here.
- Android 4.4 os Zip File Download it from Here.
- A laptop or personal computer.
- A usb cable.
- Turn on USB Debugging on your device.
Process to Update Google Nexus 7 2012 to Android 4.4 Kitkat manually:-
- Connect your device to the pc/laptop using a data cable.
- Unzip the Android SDK on your system.
- Rename the Android 4.4 Kitkat zip file into “KitKat.zip”. Move the file to Android SDK in the folder “Platform tools”.
- Power on the tablet using the key combination of volume down + power button at a time now you are in Fastboot mode.
- Next Click Volume Up button until it is in “Recovery Mode”. Press the Power button to select . A Google Logo would be shown followed by an Android with the words “No Command Written”. Connect the tablet to the computer via Micro USB.
- First hold the power button down then quickly hold the volume up button + power button. You will see the Android system recovery files.
- Use vol down button to navigate and select “apply update from ADB” Select it with power button. Next you will see ”Now send the package you want to apply to the device with ‘adb sideload…”
- Return to the computer > Open folder containing Android SDK and open the “platform-tools” folder. If the user is using Windows Vista/7/8, hold shift and then right click on the empty space. The option “Open command window here” can be seen.
- In the command window, type “adb sideload Android KitKat”, without quotation marks and substituting Android Kitkat for the renamed ZIP file mentioned above.
- Note: Remember to add the extension “.zip” to the end of the file name for the zip file.
- Let the device install the update by itself followed by booting up of the device by the user.
Thats it you have installed android 4.4 Kitkat on your Nexus 7 using our guide on How to Update Google Nexus 7 2012 to Android 4.4 Kitkat manually. Hope you liked the guide kindly share the guide How to Update Google Nexus 7 2012 to Android 4.4 Kitkat manually so it can help the people who wants to update there Nexus 7 2012 to Latest Android Version Manually.